Post Graduate work permit (PGWP) for international students who have done their studies in Canada. After that, they apply for a work permit which is called a post-graduate work permit.
The international students must be graduated from a Canadian-designated learning institution (DLI). Then they are eligible for a post-graduate work permit (PGWP).
You will not get a post-graduate work permit (PGWP) if you studied at a private college or institution. The applicants who submitted their application for a post-graduate work permit (PGWP) on or before January 31, 2023, are still eligible for PGWP from a private college. After that, IRCC will stop issuing post-graduate work permits to those who studied at private colleges.
If the international students have done their studies for 2 years, then they will get 3 years post-graduate work permit (PGWP). Basically, the length of a post-graduate work permit (PGWP) depends upon the duration of your study in Canada.
Post-Graduate Work Permit (PGWP) Eligibility Requirements
There are certain eligibility requirements that you need to meet before applying for the post-graduate work permit (PGWP).
- Applicants must complete the program for at least 8 months in Canada. The program length must be 8 or 16 months.
- Applicants must have full-time student status in Canada. They completed their studies during this status.
- Applicants must have a completion letter and transcripts from their college.
- Applicants hold a valid study permit while studying in Canada.
- Applicants didn’t work more than 20 hours during the study.
You may also like:
- Latest Ontario PNP (OINP) Draw 2023
- Second Latest Express Entry Draw 2023
- BC PNP Draw Prediction 2023
- High Paying Jobs in Canada Without Degree
- Top 15 Recession Proof Jobs Canada 2023
Documents Required for Post Graduate Work Permit Application (PGWP)
Here, is the list of documents required for a post-graduate work permit (PGWP).
- Final Transcripts are needed from the college. Final transcripts must have grades for all semesters.
- A completion letter is needed that confirms the completion of the study.
- Passport size photos
- Valid Study Permit
Post Graduate work permit (PGWP) Processing Time
The post-graduate work permit (PGWP) processing time is 167 days. It is almost 4 to 5 months. This is the processing time for online applications.
If you applied the application offline such as through paper applications. The processing time of this application is 60 days.
Application fee for Post-Graduate work permit (PGWP)
The application fee for a post-graduate work permit is CAD $255. If want to restorative of student status and PGWP is CAD $605.