Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) issued the study permit to international students who want to come to Canada for higher studies.
The expiry date on the study permit tells you to stop studying and leave Canada within the expiry date. If you have 2 years of study, then you will get 2 years study permit.
IRCC gives the extra 90 days length of a study permit. In the extra 90 days, you have time to prepare an extension of the permit for your stay in Canada.
If you want to continue studying then you can extend your study permit. Make sure that extend your study permit at least 30 days before it expires.
Application Fees for Study Permit Extension
The application fee for a study permit extension is $150. If want to give the biometrics then the $85 fee is for biometrics.
Processing Time for Study Permit Extension
The processing time for a study permit extension is 165 days. This is the current processing time.
If you want to extend your study permit, then your college must be on the DLI (Designated Learning Institution) list.
You may also like:
- Important Points Regarding Ontario PNP International Student Stream 2023
- Affordable & Cheapest Colleges in Canada 2023
- How to Apply for Indian PCC through BLS Canada 2023
- High Paying Jobs in Canada Without Degree
- Top 15 Recession Proof Jobs Canada 2023
How to Apply for the Study Permit Extension in Canada
You can apply for a study permit extension online. You need to create an account on gic portal. Fill out the forms that are required for a study permit extension.
- Applications to change conditions, and extend my stay as a student in Canada. IMM 5709 Form.
- Statutory Declaration IMM 5406 form
- Custodian Declaration IMM 5646 form
- Authority to release personal information to individual IMM 5475
Documents Required for Study Permit Extension in Canada
Here, is the list of documents that need to be required for a study permit extension.
- Letter of Enrolment from College
- Proof of financial support while studying in Canada. You can submit the bank statements to show your proof of funds.
- Passport size photo
- Family Information Form
- Application for temporary Residence (IMM 5257 B)